Find a home
- Homes for rent
- Buy a home
- Homes in development
- Swap your home
- Paying rent
- Report it
- Find out
- Self service website
- Get involved
Advice and support
- Care and support
- Money advice
- Supported living
- Employment support
- About us
- Contact us
We own and manage a number of extra care and sheltered housing schemes across North East England. They all offer specialist support to help older and more vulnerable people to live independently for longer.
What is supported living?
Supported living offers the chance to live independently for longer with a helping hand if it’s needed.
Whatever your circumstances, there is a range of affordable housing options including extra care schemes, sheltered housing and housing to cater for complex needs. Accommodation and support is flexible and specially tailored to suit your requirements, whether it’s simply for a sense of security or assistance with daily tasks.
Schemes also benefit from full privacy while offering the chance to keep an active social life and remain in the heart of the community.
The partner landlords in the Thirteen Group manage a number of supported living schemes across the North East. Properties are available to rent, buy outright or purchase through shared ownership.
What does supported living offer?
With the benefit of your own space, supported living schemes offer flexibility and the freedom to come and go as you please. Self-contained one or two bedroom apartments or bungalows are available with a contemporary lounge, kitchen and bathroom.
- Experienced, professional staff members to offer support through the application process and choose the right scheme for your needs
- Full lift and wheelchair access throughout every complex
- CCTV and secure door entry systems
- An out-of-hours repairs service which can quickly respond to emergency repairs. Certain schemes also benefit from a part-time caretaker who looks after the maintenance of the scheme, including low-level repairs such as changing lightbulbs
- Some properties benefit from level access showers
- Regular social activities such as bingo, quizzes and games
Rent and service charges will come as part of the accommodation package, including council tax, gas, electricity and water. Some of these charges will be payable to the landlord and some will be billed separately.
Relevant benefits may cover some of these costs.
You can find out more about our: