Find a home
- Homes for rent
- Buy a home
- Homes in development
- Swap your home
- Paying rent
- Report it
- Find out
- Self service website
- Get involved
Advice and support
- Care and support
- Money advice
- Supported living
- Employment support
- Homelessness prevention
- About us
- Contact us
Our sheltered accommodation properties offer safe and secure housing for the over-55s (for the over-60s in some locations) in apartments and bungalows across North East England.
Sheltered housing focuses on freedom and flexibility, offering a home of your own and support facilities if and when you need them.
On-site support officers are available to assist with housing management, co-ordinating repairs, allocating apartments, responding to general queries and maintaining the health and safety of the building.
Care facilities on offer include:
- A warden call service linked to staff on site
- A homecall service to quickly respond to medical and maintenance emergencies
- A telecare service to monitor long-term health conditions such as COPD and heart failure, and respond to readings which appear irregular.
Sheltered housing could be for you if:
- You’re aged 55 or over - or living with a partner age 55 or over - and require support with daily tasks (60+ for schemes in Hartlepool)
- You’re interested in maintaining a space of your own with security and added support if you need it
- You’re focused on finding a property that is accessible and tailored towards your individual needs
You can find more about the facilities on offer at the supported living page
We have accommodation available across the North East and you can get more details about the available extra care properties.
You can also get more details about the shared ownership and owner occupier properties for older people.