Find a home
- Homes for rent
- Buy a home
- Homes in development
- Swap your home
- Paying rent
- Report it
- Find out
- Self service website
- Get involved
Advice and support
- Care and support
- Money advice
- Supported living
- Employment support
- About us
- Contact us
To extend our range of housing options, we have developed homes in Darlington especially for employees of the County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust.
The two bedroom apartments are based within Elm House, Cedar House, Willow House and Westlea House next to the NHS Darlington Memorial Hospital.
The homes have been refurbished to a high standard and are offered as two bedroom apartments or on a room only basis (two people sharing one apartment).
The apartments offer:
- furnished accommodation including carpets, curtains or blinds
- sofa or armchairs, dining table and chairs and coffee table
- fridge freezer, cooker and washer-drier
- double bed and mattress, bedside cabinet, drawers, desk and chair, TV and phone socket.
- satellite dish with outlets in each bedroom
- telephone line in each bedroom for phone and broadband.
Nurses and other staff living in our NHS housing would need to provide their own:
- linen, sheets, mattress protector and pillowcases
- towels and tea towels
- cleaning material
- cutlery, crockery, kitchen utensils and saucepans.
Each apartment has one parking space and a permit scheme is operated for additional cars. There is no visitor parking on the site.
The tenancy for the apartments is over a two year contract – as long as you remain an NHS employee. Unfortunately children aren’t allowed to live in the apartments.
Tenants need to pay a bond which will be held in a deposit protection scheme. All bills for utilities, Council Tax and TV licence are included as part of the rental charge in shared apartments. Sole tenants are responsible for all bills in their apartments.
You can apply for an apartment and get more details about the tenancy in the:
For more details about NHS housing please contact:
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- tel: 01642 947860