Find a home
- Homes for rent
- Buy a home
- Homes in development
- Swap your home
- Paying rent
- Report it
- Find out
- Self service website
- Get involved
Advice and support
- Care and support
- Money advice
- Supported living
- Employment support
- Homelessness prevention
- About us
- Contact us
The Key Step team offers a homelessness prevention service for people aged 18 to 34 across the Tees Valley who are at risk of homelessness.
The team provides support for people who may be homeless or face the threat of homelessness.
Key Step identifies people at risk of homelessness and works to improve their lives by offering support and advice: this can include help with finding a home or a job, or building resilience and independence.
The team offers people tailored support to meet their needs and help clients to take greater control of their lives. The project can help with:
- matching clients to the most appropriate support
- identifying shared housing
- providing advice on benefits, debt and budgeting
- supporting clients to build their resilience and overcome barriers to finding work and financial stability
- building confidence and helping clients to live independently
- helping clients to maintain their tenancy and be part of a community.
Thirteen leads on delivering Key Step, but to access the service please contact your local council who are partners in the project:
- Middlesbrough Council
- Stockton-On-Tees Borough Council
- Hartlepool Borough Council
- Redcar and Cleveland Council
- Darlington Borough Council.
The project is funded by the Department of Communities and Local Government’s homelessness prevention programme.