Find a home
- Homes for rent
- Buy a home
- Homes in development
- Swap your home
- Paying rent
- Report it
- Find out
- Self service website
- Get involved
Advice and support
- Care and support
- Money advice
- Supported living
- Employment support
- Homelessness prevention
- About us
- Contact us
Our extra care properties offer safe and secure housing for the over-55s in apartments and bungalows across North East England. We also have some places for people with learning disabilities, working age people with physical disabilities and people with dementia.
Experienced and professional staff are available 24 hours a day to assist with daily tasks, respond to emergencies and provide a friendly and supportive environment.
This also includes:
- A home call service which is available to quickly respond to medical and maintenance emergencies.
- A telecare service to monitor long term health conditions - such as COPD and heart failure - and respond to parameter readings which appear irregular.
Schemes provide a modern, accessible living space with many benefitting from communal areas including hairdressers, lounges and restaurants.
Extra care could be for you if:
- You are aged 55 or over - or living with a partner who is aged 55 or over - and require support with daily tasks
- You are referred to us by a local authority
- You’re interested in having your own space with care and support facilities available
- You’re focused on finding a property that caters for your individual needs
We have accommodation available across the North East and you can see the available extra care properties.
You can also get information about owner-occupied and shared ownership properties for older people.
We are also developing a new extra care scheme in North Yorkshire - you can find out more details on our homes in development page.