Cookies In Use 

Anti-Social Behaviour Frequently Asked Questions

How do I tell you about what is going on?

  • Call us on freephone number 08000 461 600 24 hours a day, seven days a week or alternatively call 01642 261100 which is charged at a local rate from mobile phones
  • Email us at
  • Find us at
  • Call into your local housing office at:


Rivers House
63 North Ormesby Road

Area Housing Office
15 Shelton Court

Area Housing Office
Berwick Hills Centre
Crossfell Road

Area Housing Office
Parkway Centre
Coulby Newham

However if the matter is serious you should also contact the police on 101 or in an emergency dial 999.

How long will it take for you to get back to me?

  • You will be contacted by an officer within one working day, who will then look into your case further.  You will have a dedicated officer to look after your case for as long as it lasts.

Do I have to give you my name and address?

  • You don’t have to give us your name and address, however this may stop us being able to fully deal with the problem and let you know the outcome. We understand there may be some occasions where you may be afraid to do so and in these cases we will do as much as we can with the information provided.

Who will you share information about my case with?

  • We will only share information about your case with other agencies that can help us make the anti-social behaviour stop for you. This will usually be with your consent.  The agencies we may share information with include the police, social services, street wardens etc.
  • There may be some occasions where we have to share information to prevent or detect a crime or where there is a risk of harm.
  • We can also offer you support or, with your consent, refer you to a specialist support agency.

What can you do to make it stop?

  • We can speak to the person/people causing the problems for you or for where you live.  We can work with them to help change their behaviour. If your problem is about noise nuisance you can download our noise information sheet here and details of how to be a quiet neighbour here.
  • As your landlord we do have certain legal powers and rights that we can use to help stop the behaviour.
  • In extreme cases this could mean that someone could lose their home.  This sort of decision is made by a county court.
  • In some cases we can refer you and your neighbour to mediation.  This is when trained mediators can listen to the views of both sides and help you reach an agreement.

How will you keep me informed?

  • We will agree with you how, how often and when you would like to be contacted. This will then form part of your case action plan with us.

Why do I have to fill in diary sheets?

  • You may be asked to write down what is happening with the date, time and how this is affecting you.  This is called a diary sheet and will help us understand what is going on and how we can help you. Click here to download a diary sheet with instructions on how to complete it. Click here to see an example of a completed diary sheet.
  • We do not give out diary sheets to feuding neighbours.

What can I do?

  • If you feel able to and the problem is not too serious you could try speaking to the person who is causing the problem. Be calm, pleasant and plan what you are going to say.  Think about your own personal safety. If your problem is about noise nuisance you can download our noise information sheet here and details of how to be a quiet neighbour here.
  • Keep a clear concise and accurate record of what has happened.  Always take the name of anyone you have spoken to about this, such as the police. 
  • Don’t do anything to make the situation worse.
  • Keep in contact with updates.

How long will it take to make it stop?

  • This will vary between cases but we will work very hard alongside other agencies where appropriate to make it stop as soon as we can. We will always discuss the situation and tell you of any timescales involved with your case.

What will happen when my case is closed?

  • Your case officer will make contact with you to discuss and agree, where we can, that your case will be closed.  We will only look to do this when no further incidents have been reported.  You will also receive a letter to confirm this.
  • You will then receive a call to complete a satisfaction survey. Your feedback is of value and will help us shape and continuously improve the service.
  • However if the problems start up again you must make contact with us to re-open your case.

What is Restorative Justice?

Click here to find out more.



Erimus Housing

© Copyright 2010 Erimus Housing

Investors in DiversityPositive above Disabled PeopleSpiritlgbt We are a living wage employer