Cookies In Use 

Anti-Social Behaviour Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Why do I have to fill in diary sheets?

A: There are two main reasons why we need you to fill in diary sheets, first of all so we can assess the type of nuisance/harassment/anti-social behaviour you are experiencing so that we can decide what action to take (if any).

Secondly if we have to take legal action it provides the evidence for the court case. Even if we take it as hearsay evidence, when you don’t have to come to court, it paints a picture of the problem for the Judge to help him make his decision.

Q: Do I have to give my name and address?

A: No, not if you don’t want to, this evidence is called hearsay evidence and it is taken into consideration by the court, although it is better if you do give your details. However it is appreciated that people are afraid of reprisals. Hearsay evidence is better than nothing as it helps to show the Judge how the nuisance is affecting people even if they are too afraid to be identified and come to court.

Q: How do I complain about harassment?

A: Contact your local housing office, they will take the details and assess the complaint. You don’t have to come into the office if you don’t want to, you can tell us about it over the telephone or we can arrange to meet you in a place of your choosing, to take down all the facts.

You will be asked to keep a log of any future incidents giving details such as time, place and what actually happened at that time. If the person being complained about is an Erimus tenant or from an Erimus household the housing office will assess and investigate the complaint and take the appropriate action, if any. If however the harassment is from someone who is not an Erimus tenant or their household, then the complaint will be referred to Middlesbrough Council’s Enforcement team.

Q: A neighbour's children are picking on mine, what can you do?

A: Erimus Housing does not get involved in neighbour disputes or children not getting on with each other, unless there is clear evidence of tenancy breaches. We would however recommend mediation and will make a referral to UNITE, an organisation with trained mediators to help neighbours sort out their differences.

Erimus Housing

© Copyright 2010 Erimus Housing

Investors in DiversityPositive above Disabled PeopleSpiritlgbt We are a living wage employer